Cristo Del Humilladero Gre2
Name of Estate/Domaine:
Bodega Cristo del Humilladero
Floral nose, red fruit character, delicate, a gentle salty, mineral kick
Granitic soils predominate. Geologically very interesting area, with granite mother rock, granitic sand, schist and other soils in a relatively small area. 750m-900m altitude gives freshness to the wines.
Sustainable & organic methodes
*Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
- Mainly manual harvest, some machine depending on the parcel.
- Combination of destemmed and whole bunch.
- Mainly cement, some wood and amphora.
- Free run-juice only, 4-6 weeks maceration.
- Indigenous yeast ferment •
- Ambient ferment with some temperature control if required.
- Nature of maturation: cement tank plus some old barrel. Music is played to relax the wines.
- Malolactic carried out naturally.
- Light filtration using cellulose.
- No fining.
- Modest sulphur additions, after malo. Racking with CO2 or Nitroge.
Game, goat, roast vegetables, even pizza (with chorizo instead of salami)