Pittacum Bierzo Aurea Tinto
Name of Estate/Domaine
El Bierzo, Leon, Spain
The nose is elegant with initial aromas of red fruits, cherry and blackcurrant which develop mineral notes of earth and stone. The palate is balanced, expressive and spicy with mineral notes, good freshness and acidity and a long finish.
Mild, calm and rather temperate climate. Its low altitude prevents late frosts on the whole which makes it mild enough for early grape harvesting
- Manual harvested.
- Crushed without destemming.
- Fermented for 15 days in stainless steel.
- Controlled ferment at 28c.
- 20 day maceration.
- 14 months spent in barrel.
- 2 years in bottle before released for sale.
- Malolactic fermentation in barrel.
- Coarsely filtered.
- Fining with egg white.
Lamb roasts, beef and game stews or grilled meats.