1701 Franciacorta Brut Nature DOCG
Natural wine has no uniform definition. It is a general term used to describe artisanal wine made using organically and/or biodynamically grown hand-picked grapes which are vinified with little or no intervention. Winemakers often rely on indigenous yeast to catalyse natural fermentation, avoiding the use of any chemicals, additives or sulphites.
The result is wine which is alive, energetic, vibrant and unexpected – a welcomed contrast to the industrial practices of the wine industry .
Name of Estate/Domaine:
Franciacorta , Italy
85% Chardonnay and 15% Pinot Noir
its full palate is balanced by marked acidity. Mineral hints softened by fresh fruits and a lingering flavour of red apple.
Continental with positive influence by proximity to Lake Iseo. Moraine soils of glacial deposit rich in sand and silt.
Certified organic, and biodynamic Demeter.
* Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Manual harvested whole bunch
- Stainless vat
- Indigenous yeast
- controlled ferment
- Nature of maturation –in bottle
- Malolactic may occur. Secondary fermentation in bottle on the lees for minimum of 30 months
- Filtration Partial filtration at 10 micron
- Fining using Bentonite and suitable for vegetarians Use of sulphur? Low levels below 70mg
Aperitif, carpaccio of tuna or seabass, prosciutto crudo, young fresh cheeses, sushi and sashimi