Deville Champagne Sappheiros Rosé
Natural wine has no uniform definition. It is a general term used to describe artisanal wine made using organically and/or biodynamically hand-picked grapes which are vinified with little or no intervention. Winemakers often rely on indigenous yeast to catalyse natural fermentation, avoiding the use of any chemicals, additives or sulphites.
The result is wine which is alive, energetic, vibrant and unexpected – a welcomed contrast to the industrial practices of the wine industry.
Name of Estate/Domaine:
70% Pinot Noir, 30% Chardonnay.
Orange-yellow, rose petal in colour it shows a subtle fruity nose: small red berries such as redcurrant and blackberry. Vigorous and rich with a well-balanced palate this is a fine, smooth, and supple wine with notes of morello cherry.
Limestone-chalk, and clay-limeston.
Natural Farming and winemaking.
* Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Mainly from a single vintage with some reserve champagne (usually 2-3 years older than the current vintage) blended in for complexity.
- Avoiding oxidizing wine to preserve freshness and retain characteristics of wine.
- It then spends 10 months in tanks before bottling.
- Full malolactic fermentation.
- Traditional 'Méthode Champenoise' is used.
- After the various wines are blended it receives a minimum of three years in the bottle before release which helps to soften the acidity.
Would go well with desserts and cheese.