Vino di Anna Palmentino Rosso
Natural wine has no uniform definition. It is a general term used to describe artisanal wine made using organically and/or biodynamically grown hand-picked grapes which are vinified with little or no intervention. Winemakers often rely on indigenous yeast to catalyse natural fermentation, avoiding the use of any chemicals, additives or sulphites.
The result is wine which is alive, energetic, vibrant and unexpected – a welcomed contrast to the industrial practices of the wine industry .
Name of Estate/Domaine:
Vino di Anna
Crimson red in colour, this wine is fruit-driven with ripe, juicy tannins. Attractive aromas of red cherries and wild strawberries. Dry, with fresh acidity, it is medium body in structure, and has an underlying minerality, from the volcanic soils.
Altitudes of the vineyards range from 760 m – 1200 metres. The unique luminosity of these mountainous vineyards and the variable, decomposed lava soils give the wines a distinct minerality and sapidity. All vines are exposed North.
Organicly & Biodynamicly grown grapes.
* Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Grapes manually harvested
- 50% whole bunch pressed, 50% hand-destemmed
- This portion was left on skins for five days and was hand and foot plunged several times.
- The other 20% was made in a 15hl Georgian qvevri, the fruit was 100% destemmed and macerated on skins for one month.
- The two wines were then blended, spending time in a large old oak cask and in stainless steel, on fine lees.
- Bottled without filtering or fining, with minimal S02
Game, Veal, Hard Cheese.